Backup software for A/UX

Peter F. Patel-Schneider pfps at research.att.com
Fri Mar 31 13:16:33 AEST 1989

We have just received a MacIIx with A/UX on it.  Before I do anything
drastic with it I would like to back up the A/UX file system.  However,
I can't find any way to do this except onto floppies.  I'm not
particularly interested in backing up onto over 40 floppies, so I'm
searching for some other method of backup.

We do have a Hypertape 40Meg catridge tape unit.  Is there any way to get
backups from A/UX partitions onto these units, either running under A/UX
or under Mac OS?

Thanks,

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
pfps at research.att.com