More weirdness

j eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Sat Jun 25 09:33:07 AEST 1988

In article <1988Jun19.161105.2799 at ziebmef.uucp>, cks at ziebmef.uucp (Chris Siebenmann) writes:
> I think the 3B1 has to win the
> 'most unsecure Unix right out of the box' award; anyone know *why*
> they did it this way (besides sloppy programming and setup)?

My guess:  the unix-pc was not intended for use:

1. by more than 2 people at a time, more than 1 in a development situation;
2. as a standalone, or as a single-user node for a LAN;
3. in situations where users did not trust one another, or the sysadmin
   did not trust the users.
--
                                        Skate UNIX or go home, boogie boy...
"But why should I type "rm -r $HOME" if I want to play trek???"