Wanted

John Canning john at banzai.UUCP
Mon Aug 7 07:00:15 AEST 1989

In article <804 at bagend.UUCP> jan at bagend.UUCP (Jan Isley) writes:

>AT&T no longer provides warranty service for any 7300|Unix PC|3B1.

Over the past two months, we've sold several 3B1 computers, which we
purchased from our AT&T distributor in January.  Three of these
machines have had hard drive & mother board problems.  We have had
no trouble getting the machines serviced under their warranty.

If VARS or other authorized AT&T resellers are having trouble with
the hotline and getting warranty service, AT&T provides what they
call a Resellar Assist Line (I call it the idiot's hotline)
800-231-7863.  This number is used to report bad techs or other
AT&T employees who try to give you a run around.

We recently received an updated statement on AT&T's warranty policies.
They said that they will support a discontinued product's warranty from
one year from when the machine is discontinued.