Wanted

Dave Ihnat ignatz at chinet.chi.il.us
Wed Aug 9 05:18:59 AEST 1989

In article <1590 at mtunb.ATT.COM> jcm at mtunb.UUCP (John McMillan) writes:
>In article <827 at bagend.UUCP> jan at bagend.UUCP (Jan Isley) writes:
>:
>>This all reminds me of the signature line in some mail I got last week
>>from someone who worked at AT&T and could not get them to work on *her*
>>7300...  AT&T, the communications company, except internally of course.
>
>As we receive AT&T INTERNAL SERVICE on our many-many 3B1's on an ongoing
>and prompt basis, the above comment should be reconsidered.  (For its
>sexist highlighting, alone!  MANY of our staff and 3B1 users are female.)

If you'll read it, you'll find that the emphasis is not to make the point that
it was a 'her', but that it was emphasizing that she was an AT&T employee and
couldn't even get service.  Whether or not this was a correct assertion,
only the original AT&T employee who posted can affirm or deny; but this is
NOT a sexist highlight.

		Dave Ihnat
		ignatz at homebru.chi.il.us (preferred return address)
		ignatz at chinet.chi.il.us