HP Deskjet on 7300 parallel port

Steven R. Houser srh at docwrk.UUCP
Mon May 15 21:24:24 AEST 1989

At Bill Mayhew's suggestion, I checked out the wires in the Centronics
cable, and sure enough, one of the wires wasn't connected to the pin.  I
replaced the cable, and now the DeskJet is operating just fine as a
parallel printer.

By the way, I highly recommend the DeskJet.  Its output is nearly identical
to LaserJet printing, and the price (at least at my local discount computer
store) is about 1/3 the price of a LaserJet.  The ink cartridges are a lot
less expensive than LaserJet toner cartridges, too.

Thanks to Bill for helping me solve this problem.

Steve Houser
The Document Workshop
...uunet!osu-cis!n8emr!uncle!oink!docwrk!srh