Disk Drive for UnixPC

Keith Elliston elliston at rob.UUCP
Thu May 25 22:39:18 AEST 1989

Hello:

I am very new to the UnixPC, and am in need of a hard disk.  What I am looking
for is a disk in the 40 - 100 Mb range.  I can make due with new or used, as
long as it is in good working order.

Particulars:

	It is my understanding that I need an MFM disk, or one that
	follows the ST506 standard.  I am not dead positive on this, but
	have been lead to believe that to be true.

	I would prefer a disk that has 15 heads or less, and 1024 cylinders
	or less....  but I could get the new controller chip and make use of
	a disk with greater than 15 heads and 1024 cylinders.

	I am willing to pay any *Reasonable* price for a suitable disk.  This
	machine is my entry into the Unix world, and I want it to basically
	be a News machine, and do electronic mail.

Any advice, pointers, info on disks is appreciated.  In fact, any NICE comments
are welcomed.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith O. Elliston                        |  Usenet:  uunet!rob!elliston
Senior Information Scientist             |  Arpanet: rob!elliston at uunet.uu.net
Merck Sharp & Dohme Res. Lab.            |  Bitnet:  elliston%rob.uucp at psuvax1
Rahway, NJ  07065  U.S.A.                |   -or-    elliston at biovax