UNIX/DOS pc

Darren Swartzendruber dls at cci632.UUCP
Wed Oct 18 00:34:02 AEST 1989

Okay,

Time to start thinking about getting that "perfect" home computer.  Of
course I want it to do everything, but I'll try to limit it.

Seriously, I am thinking about buying a pc for home.  What I'd like
is a powerful system.  One on which I could run UNIX and DOS apps.  What
eventually want to have is a max of 5 terminals connected and be able to
run DOS apps from any terminal.  Is this possible?  I have really been
out of the pc market for a while now and have found an enormous amount
of equipement and OSs to catch-up on.

Did I also mention that I don't want to pay too much for it?  I am not
planning of adding all the terminals for year yet, but would like the
capability for later.  Of course, by that time there will be a better
and cheaper solution! (Let us hope atleast.)  This is a purely a home
system, something for the wife to store recipes and letters on, and the kids,
when they are old enough to have to produce book reports, to have a terminal
in their room to work on.

Anybody got something like this now?

I'd be interested in any replies and/or suggestions.

Darren Swartzendruber       CCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCC IIIIIIIIII
                            CC       CC CC       CC II      II  COMPUTER
dls at cci632                  CC  CCC  CC CC  CCC  CC IIII  IIII  CONSOLES,
rochester!rit!cci632!dls    CC  CCCCCCC CC  CCCCCCC IIII  IIII  INCORPORATED
uunet!ccicpg!cci632!dls     CC  CCC  CC CC  CCC  CC IIII  IIII
uunet!rlgvax!cci632!dls     CC       CC CC       CC II      II  An STC Company
rayssd!cci632!dls           CCCCCCCCCCC CCCCCCCCCCC IIIIIIIIII