Tape controller wanted

Richard H. Gumpertz rhg at cpsolv.UUCP
Wed Oct 18 11:35:25 AEST 1989

I have a AT&T 7300 Unix PC for which I would like to do tape backups.  The
AT&T drive seems grossly overpriced at $1500.

1) I have a perfectly good QIC-02 tape drive.  Can I use it with AT&T's
   controller?  I suppose I would have to build a cable, but no problem.

2) Does anyone have a controller card for sale or know of a reasonably-priced
   source?  Driver software needed too, I suppose.

3) Alternatively, does anyone have a full controller & drive available at a
   reasonable price?

4) Any other options?  What ever happend to the 7300 SCSI controller that
   somebody was working on, for example?