zip for the 3b1?

julian macassey julian at bongo.UUCP
Wed Oct 18 12:12:35 AEST 1989

    I have a copy of pkxarc for the 3b1, ported by Howard Chu I believe.
This has allowed me to unarc tons of documents that have come my way from
the MS-DOS world. Just as I was getting good at arc-ing and un-arcing, I am
now being presented with zip. I don't seem to have anything on my system
that will unzip files. Is there something out there that will do the job? If
so, could someone point me in the right direction.

    Now I hear the latest compress utility is called zoo. Is this a case
of the compress utility of the week? Will it ever end? Will there be a zoo
variant for the 3b1? What was wrong with arc? It worked and was simple to
use, which I realise can condemn much software to be buried under scorn and
derision.

    So if you know what I can do about the zip and zoo stuff, please let me
know.

    Yours in anger and bewilderment
--
Julian Macassey, n6are  julian at bongo    ucla-an!denwa!bongo!julian
n6are at k6iyk (Packet Radio) n6are.ampr.org [44.16.0.81] voice (213) 653-4495